Some recipes from the book: Kitchen Sink Omelet, Mediteranean Breakfast Pitas, Potato Leek Frittata, Tater Tot Casserole, French Onion Mushroom Soup, Crispy Eggplant Salad with Halloumi Cheese, Eggplant Parmesan, Shrimp n Grits, Thai Zoodle Fish Curry…I could keep going as this book contains many choices. In each case the quantity is for two people. The author details the cooking vessel needed for each recipe and gives clear instructions. There are additional sections on topics including things to have in your pantry of what to get at the grocery store. All in all, this looks like a good resource for meals that are not too difficult to prepare.
Many thanks to NetGalley and the publ
From the publisher:
SAMPLE RECIPE: BREAKFAST NAAN PIZZA
Prep time: 10 mins / Cook time: 40 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Place the bacon in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until crisp. Remove the bacon and let it cool on a paper towel–lined plate. Drain the fat from the baking sheet and wipe the pan clean with a paper towel. Once the bacon has cooled, break into pieces.
3. Place the naan on the baking sheet, and top each piece with half the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, bacon, and sliced jalapeño peppers. Gently crack an egg over the top of each pizza and season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the eggs are set but the yolks are still runny. Garnish with parsley and scallions, and enjoy.
- 4 bacon slices
- 2 naan pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 jalapeño peppers
- 2 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley and 1 tbsp thinly sliced scallions, for garnish