For a long time we have been hearing that the Mediterranean diet is the one to follow in order to be healthy. Well, the good news is that healthy takes nothing away from delicious as this collection of 101 recipes proves. With so many choices, reader-cooks will be happy and well through many meals.
Readers will find recipes for seafood, pasta, poultry, vegetable, snacks and desserts in this collection. The author also includes sections on topics including the Mediterranean diet, staples to have on hand, etc.
Try a cheesy spinach pie, creamy garlic and cheese polenta, or how about a caramelized flatbread with arugula. The recipes appear to be very doable and the illustrations are enticing.
Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this title in exchange for an honest review.
from the publisher:
One of many tasty recipes inside: White Pizza with Prosciutto and Arugula
SERVES: 4 | PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
White pizza is a good alternative for those that don’t like the traditional red sauce. The cured prosciutto and lemony basil add some salt and sweetness to this dish.
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface.
2. Put the pizza dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet or pizza sheet. Put the dough in the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, garlic, and mozzarella.
4. Remove the pizza dough from the oven and spread the cheese mixture over the top. Bake for another 5 to 6 minutes.
5. Top the pizza with prosciutto, arugula, and pepper; serve warm.